Sunday, January 11, 2009

Starting the Guest List



Wow - what a process! During the meeting with our hopefully soon-to-be wedding planner (info to be revealed after contract is signed), she suggested we focus on a list of no more than 200 guests. Her reasoning - she will have many more options for venues if we have less guests. Paul nor I really wanted more than 200 guests, but feel somewhat obligated to invite certain people.

I thought the largest obstacle would be Paul's parents and my mother. I thought they would each want over 25 people invited that weren't family. Luckily both sides only had a few "musts" on their lists.

So, we brainstormed our lists driving to the supermarket. Paul wanted to write his list on his own, but as usual, he is convinced to do things my way!

Considering he has about 50 folks that are immediate family (including 1st cousins), I thought we would be looking at @ 100 family on his side alone, but luckily he's decided to only invite the immediate 50.

Our planner said we should create a "B" list. Funny concept since I've been reading about B lists on theKnot from time to time. Recently we were out with friends and one inquired if he was going to be invited to the wedding. Jokingly I said....you are on the B list.

STDs (the cards not diseases) to be sent out by mid February (hopefully). Luckily the planner handles all paper too. I think she's going to be a lifesaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment