Tuesday, January 6, 2009

An Intro

Hello to all in cyberland! Thank you for reading my blog.

Recently it was suggested that engaged gals should keep diaries. Go figure, yet another idea I would have never thought of if not for theKnot.com. Seriously, that site is a lifesaver. I'll be writing about the site and all I've learned in upcoming posts.

About me - I'm Jill, 35, a Fairmount dweller, and recently engaged!! I am marrying the man I never thought existed, the one that is of storybook fairy tales, the love of my life. And best of all, he is NOT paying me to say any of this. Paul truly is Mr. Wonderful. I can't believe I was so lucky to find him, and on EHarmony.com of all places!

Our engagement was a complete surprise to me. We talked about getting married for awhile. Ok, more like I talked and he listened. But in any case, he picked the ring on his own and teared up when he asked me to marry him. It's a day I will remember the rest of my life.

This blog is dedicated to planning my wedding to Paul. I want to look back and remember the good, the bad, the ugly and the absolutely amazing! I'll add pictures, stories, random acts of nonsense and much more.

A few disclaimers.....


  • I'm a terrible writer...I have poor grammar, so don't hold it against me.

  • I'm moody so sometimes I'll be madly excited and other days I'll be totally unhappy and stressed.

  • I tend to jump into things full force in the beginning, fade out for awhile and then get back in the game. So there may be large lapses in time between posts.

  • In a previous life (which is about 10-15 years ago), I thought I would be the next Martha Stewart. I loved DIY projects. I loved making everything homemade. What in the world was I thinking? These days I spend my free time catching up on paperwork for my job, watching tv with my dog, drinking with my friends, and relaxing after spending all week as a road warrior. So this blog will not offer a lot of DIY tips.


That said, leave a comment, hate mail, love letters, whatever. I look forward to reading them all.


Thanks! ~J

No comments:

Post a Comment