Friday, January 9, 2009

Our Potential Planner

Today we had a meeting with our potential wedding planner. I'm super excited about the possibilty of working with her. She has so much energy and plenty of great ideas.

Since I travel 4 days/week for work and sometimes spend part of my weekend doing paperwork, I really don't have the time to put into planning my wedding. I'm in sales and the time I put in dictates how much I make. Since Paul and I are paying for our wedding ourselves, the more I make, the more likely we can afford to have a great event.

In any case, I need a "right hand man" that can call potential vendors, get pricing, help with dates and invites and table arrangements and flowers and gifts and everything else. The details are so overwhelming! Paul was hesitant at first to consider a wedding planner (mostly due to cost). But after a bit of convincing he agreed that keeping me less stressed is definitely the way to go.

We met with the PP (for potential planner) at her home office. She has a cute place. I knew I liked her the minute I saw the drum set for Rock Band/Guitar Hero in the corner of her living room. She has amazing energy! We clicked when she offered me wine - I'm a total wine-o! Paul just looked at me and said...."uh oh, this could be trouble."

The PP walked us through standard questions about our wedding - ideas on locations, set-up, timing, our ceremony and more. She offers invitation services as well which is a lifesaver for me as I couldn't pull off DIY anything and would probably end up spending way too much money.

Right off she had some really cool ideas on food, setup, decor and more. Paul and I both had really great vibes.

We were there for about 2 hours or more. I left a bit tipsy with happy thoughts!

So now the big step is to sign our first contract. As soon as we sign the contract, I'll start posting more info, including her name!

No comments:

Post a Comment