Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Paying for a Wedding




Had I known then, what I knew now! Do all brides think this? I had not a clue how expensive it would be to have a wedding. I suppose a lot of it is due to the fact that very few of my friends are married. And those that are, were married years and years ago. I guess I should have asked the recent few that did get married....just how did you afford it?

The economy is bad....bad....BAD! My heart breaks daily for people that lost everything to Bernard Madoff's schemes. The folks forced to take their own lives than face the fact they lost billions, millions, or just their retirement savings. It's sad. Unemployment is higher in PA than it's been in a really long time.

I'm starting to worry - can we do it? We are paying for our entire wedding ourselves.

My goal is to put away every dime I can to prove it to myself this can be done. I'm going to stay willed to do it. I'll be posting as time moves forward about the ups and downs of saving.

It's my challenge for 09 and it's a big undertaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment