Friday, April 10, 2009

Songs selected - another check off the list!!!



So today Paul and I were recovering from the Bunny Hop. Ok, I was recovering, he was counting the charitable funds, and I mentioned we need to accomplish one wedding "to-do."

Then a song came on tv and I said...."I think this would be great for our wedding...." And he reminded me that he as well loves the song, plus we heard an acoustic version our first night in Hawaii. So, we have decided this song is a must, but where?

We debated some other songs including - Welcome to the Jungle (Paul said no), Ball and Chain (don't think our parents would like it), Let's Get It On (um, might not be the way we want to kick off our night), and many more.

In the end, we picked our first dance song which is very modern and very unique (actually I'm unsure how many folks attending our wedding will know it). I teared up at the thought that this is going to be OUR song!! We also picked our cake cutting song which we were going to use as our first dance song originally but thought we couldn't really dance to it. And finally we picked our entrance song, which is a surprising choice. I came across it accidentally on YouTube and we started laughing and said...this would be great! It's a total throw back and we think some of our older guests will think it's clever.

Since I like to keep some elements of surprise, I'm not going to post any of these songs, but I promise, they are all great!

No comments:

Post a Comment