Friday, July 17, 2009

Mother of the Bride Shopping

My mother and I started a search for her Mother of the Bride dress. Knowing (and loving) my mother, I thought for sure we would be going to many different stores. However, mom found her dress at the first shop we looked. I was quite surprised.

It's a lovely dress and not matronly at all. My mother is petite and needed to find a dress that would look appropriate for an evening wedding, and nothing that would be too "over the top."

Here is the dress she selected. It's shown in Pink, but she picked Moss Green which is a lovely color. The dress is made by Mon Cheri, a Montage Design, style #19944.



We bought the dress at Penina's in Marlton, NJ. The shop has a lovely array of gowns and dresses. The staff is helpful, but Penina can rub some people the wrong way. She is very assertive but she knows her stuff. Kathy who helped us is absolutely lovely and I can't recommend her enough!

Penina's website

Her dress will arrive in October and I can't wait to see it in the green!

No comments:

Post a Comment